Sunday, August 12, 2007

Zippies...



I went shopping this weekend with a friend and scored a great deal on some clothes for little Gabriel. I was able to get him 23 onesies for $18.00! Not bad, ehhh? Saturday was the last day of tax free week here in FL and I got an additional 20% off of the clothes, so I really scored!

Now for getting it to Guatemala is another story! Sending anything but documents to Guatemala can be very costly due to taxation. Thankfully, our agency has a private message board that allows clients to interact with one another and form friendships with other families that are also adopting. A very kind couple has agreed to take our zippies and deliver them to our foster mother manager. They leave for Guate on Friday, so tomorrow I will FedEx them out to make sure they arrive in time for their trip on Friday.

Zippies are ziplock bags that we fill with anything we would like to send down for our babies and or foster mothers. We brought down clothes with us in July but because we most likely will not visit again until October, I wanted to send down some more stuff so that our foster mother had it readily available. I am also fortunate that I have four other friends going down in the next couple weeks that have also offered to take zippies down for me.

No comments: