Thursday, September 11, 2008

9/11/01 -- Seven Years Later

There was no way today could by without a post. Seven years ago today we experienced the most horrendous, disgusting, vile attack on American soil that unfortunately one day Gabriel will have to learn about in school. Greg and I will have to explain to him that we were living in the DC metro area at the time and I lost co-workers from National Geographic that day -- including a class of school children that were on their way to California for a special trip because they had gotten the best grades. Their plane crashed into the Pentagon. I will never forget a single detail about that day. Every year when the 9/11 anniversary comes around, I relive all those details all over again down to remembering the exact clothes I was wearing.

To all the Bush haters who read my blog -- You can hate on him all you want, but you can't deny the fact that he has kept you safe ever since 9/12/01. I am thankful for President Bush, for the fact that he holds national security so high on his agenda and the fact that he won the re-election in 2004. There may be a lot of important items on your list for the next president, but if national security isn't at the top, healthcare, gas prices, economy, social issues, etc. won't matter if you're dead because we got attacked again.










All pictures are from www.radified.com

1 comment: