Friday, May 14, 2010

Goings on...

Wow, it's been awhile since I've posted more words than pictures. Since the last time I blogged, my due date for baby #5 came and went with no baby, Greg and I celebrated 7 years of marriage, Gabriel turned 3 and we celebrated one more Mother's Day. Phew, that's a lot going on in the first week of May for our family! Then May 9th was Gabriel's referral date -- 3 years ago on that day, we learned that we would be the proud parents of a little, Guatemalan boy.

There are those that wonder how we've made it through five losses and a bunch of other things that are too private to share, but this is where we learn about grace, forgiveness and what "love" really means. Matthew 6: 14 - 15 says "For if you forgive men when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive men their sins; your Father will not forgive your sins." That is how Greg and I have chosen to live our lives following Christ and how we are raising Gabriel.

So that's really all that's been going on in our household. Enjoying the spring weather here in FL and looking forward to the summer.....fall. I'm not a big fan of hot, stifling weather, which probably makes you wonder why we moved to FL....but I'll take a couple months of humidity over shoveling snow, anyday!

Have a great weekend! :-)

No comments: