Tuesday, April 13, 2010

A Little Further

"It ain't how hard you can hit; its about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward"
---Rocky Balboa

The more I try to follow Christ and allow Him to be the leader of my life, the more I find the above quote from Sylvester Stallone's character is relevant to my walk. The more steps I take on faith, the more punches I take. In Romans 7, Paul writes "For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh)nothing good dwells, for to will is present with me, but how to perform what is good I do not find. For the good that I will to do, I do not do; but the evil I will not to do, that I practice."

I have gone through some dark nights of the soul, searching for God, finding Him, and then letting Him slip through my fingers. Even still, when I fall, when I lose heart, faith, and courage to move on, when I lose sight of Him, there is always something that pulls me back to Him. He is there. He is faithful even in my wretchedness. Always pushing me to go just a little further.

I have been hit hard, I have been shaken, but I am standing. Beaten and bloodied, but still standing, still moving forward.

--Greg

No comments: