Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Forgiveness/Restoration

There are few things that matter beyond forgiveness, forgiveness of other’s as well as forgiveness of oneself. If you are a Christian, that is the example that you are given by Christ, and that is a command you must be willing to accept if you are to expect Christ to forgive you. If you are seeking mercy, you must show mercy. If you are seeking love, you must show love. If we desire to be forgiven by Christ, we must show forgiveness to those who have wronged us.There are times of pain, times in which you may not think you can forgive, where even the thought of forgiveness seems so far removed from your circumstance that you may feel forgiveness is impossible. It is at those times we must turn toward Christ and the finished work of the cross.

The spirit of forgiveness is one of the few things that truly free us to totally surrender and submit to God. And it is here where we can experience what is unexplainable to those who do not believe in the power of Jesus Christ to change lives...it is here we are free to experience restoration.

For years Maria and I went through a sort of spiritual darkness, covered by attempts to follow Christ and outwardly, I'm sure it looked like we were doing a good job. We weren't, and it has been the forgiveness and mercy of a loving God that has brought us to a place where we can drink the restoring waters of the spirit.

For us, though we've been married for six and a half years, 2010 marks the first year that we are truly broken and surrendered to God...take us Lord and make us what you want us to be....

The lyrics to the song below are for my wife...whom I love and adore...you can hear the song itself by clicking on it on the playlist at the bottom of the page....


Call My Name

It's been so long since you felt like you were loved
So what went wrong?
But do you know there's a place where you belong
Here in My arms?


When you feel like you're alone in your sadness
And it seems like no one else in this whole world cares
And you want to get away from the madness
You just call My name and I'll be there
You just call My name and I'll be there


The pain inside has erased your hope for love
But soon you will find
That I'll give you all that your heart could ever want
And so much more


When you feel like you're alone in your sadness
And it seems like no one else in this whole world cares
And you want to get away from the madness
You just call My name and I'll be there
You just call My name and I'll be there


Oh, you just call My name
If you just call My name

Call My name, say it now
I want you to never doubt
The love I have for you is so alive
Call My name, say it now
I want you to never doubt
The love I have for you is so alive


You just call My name
You just call My name
You just call My name


The love I have for you is so alive
The love I have for you is so aliveYou just call My name
You just call My name
You just call My name


-GREG

2 comments:

Carrie said...

That's a beautiful post. Thank you for sharing it with us.

Paige said...

Loving you all. Wishing you healing and joy.