Sunday, March 1, 2009

My Water Baptism


Today I was water baptized at Journey Church by our dear friend and pastor, Eric. It was an experience I will never forget. I was honored to have Eric perform my baptism as he and his wife Mary Jo were instrumental during our adoption and helped us pray Gabriel home. They are our family as much as we are theirs and we will forever be grateful for them and their love. They were there for us during the bleakest of days when we weren't sure how Gabriel's adoption would end. Thank you, Eric and Mary Jo for always being there.

I was baptized in the Catholic church as a baby, but today's baptism was by my own choosing, for the repentence of my sins, a reacceptance of Jesus as my Lord and Savior and acknowledgement of my continuous walk with the Lord.

Today is a new day.



Before


After

3 comments:

Carrie said...

Congrats on your baptism! What a wonderful day!

Anonymous said...

That is so awesome! I, too, was baptized as a baby in the Catholic church and then had a water baptism of my own free will when I was 13 to let others know that I had accepted Jesus Christ as my personal Lord and Saviour. It is a feeling you will never forget! I may never see you again here on earth, but I know we will see each other in our Father’s kingdom! Rosemary

mesa said...

awesome Maria! That's incredible! Will and I are going to be baptized next month (our pastor's name is Erik too!) :)
I'm so happy for you ♥